Re: apt configuration

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 06:47:08PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 09:18:51PM -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
>
> > I am trying to make apt always run debsums_gen on the just-installed
> > packages.  I think it should be possible, but the apt.conf manpage is
> > terrible :(  Can anyone give me an example of a setup where some
> > nontrivial shell code runs that way?
>
> Neither is a shell script, but take a look at dpkg-preconfigure for a simple
> example, or apt-listchanges for a more complex one.

If you glean some useful information from them, can you please send in
patches to the manpage?

--
michael cardenas | lead software engineer | lindows.com | hyperpoem.net

"How terrible to watch a man who has the Incomprehensible within his grasp, doesn't know what to do, and sits down playing with a toy called God."
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky