Re: dependency bootstrapping problem

> Here are the solutions I've considered:
>
>  * merge them into one source package.  This would diverge from
>    upstreams distribution model.
>
>  * copy the header file into wordnet-grind.  This would have to
>    be kept in sync manually.
>
>  * build wordnet-dev and force its installation.  This is
>    a pain for other package builders.

Either the first or the second solution, methinks. The second seems to
be more clean to me (you can put the header into the Debian diff, so
the divergence from upstream is rather minimal, and separated).

You can also put some logic in debian/rules to update the header if a
more recent one is installed by wordnet-dev (a'la the
config.guess/config.sub update stuff).