Re: Init scripts, maintainer scripts, and debhelper

On 15 Aug 2002 17:56:58 +0200, Robert Bihlmeyer <robbe@orcus.priv.at>
wrote:
>Marc Haber <debian-mentors.lists.debian.org@marc-haber.de> writes:
>> Is there a recommendation to make one's package better behaved? Using
>> start-stop-daemon --oknodo does not seem to be the correct way since
>> this turns off error detection completely.
>
>Why do you think so?

Maybe I have exaggerated here. However, I don't see --oknodo in a lot
of init scripts on my systems, and if it is needed for correct package
behavior, it should be the default.

I am just looking for an explanation why so many packages seem to do
it wrong.

Greetings
Marc