Re: Why db_input ... || true

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002 22:26:31 -0400
Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> wrote:

> > db_input medium foo/like_debian || true
> >
> > Whats the reason for the or'd true-command. Could it be, that my
> > postinst-script exists with return code 30 because I forgot the "true"
> > in my config-script?
>
> Yes, you have answered your own question.

That means, when I have an error in postinst (or preinst, prerm or postrm)
I have to check my config-file. Is it possible that lintian searches this
entrys (in the sense: is it possible to change lintian). I think that's
not very difficult:

egrep -ne "db_input" DEBIAN/control | egrep -ve "true"

Greetings
Holger