Re: Installing documentation from an upstream Makefile

Drew Parsons <dparsons@emerall.com> writes:
>> Is this sufficient - or should I setup a link from /usr/doc as well?
>
> If you use the debhelper tools (dh_installdocs in this case I think),
> they'll set up the /usr/doc for you automatically.

...except in unstable, where they won't, but my understanding is that
that's a feature.  In any case, if you were going to install the link
by hand, the correct place to do it is in your package's postinst (and
remove it in prerm), rather than including it statically.

	-- Abra Mitchell