Re: Upstream's debian/ directory

On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 08:15:12PM +0200, Amaya wrote:
> I am taking a look at renameutils
> (http://freshmeat.net/projects/renameutils) in oprder to file an ITP.
>
> Upstream already has a debian/ directory and I am not sure what to do...
>
> ?Should I just remove it form the .tar.gz and use that as my
> .orig.tar.gz or just let diff do its thing and reflect my changes?

I guess the best way is to ask upstream to remove the debian directory.
Otherwise you have to repack the source tarball (removing it yourself).

Since a debian diff is not allowed to remove files, you could find
yourself in trouble someday if you don't remove the directory from
source tarball and you need to remove some cruft from the upstream
debian/.

Marcin
--
Marcin Owsiany <porridge@debian.org>             http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216