Re: Packaging assistance required

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 15:22:33 +1000,
Andrew Pollock <me@andrew.net.au> wrote:
> 1) Can filesystem permissions be set for the files in the .deb or are they
> supposed to be set by the postinstall script?
You must set permissions of the files in .deb before you call
dh_builddeb (or dpkg --build) in debian/rules.  dh_fixperms
works in most cases.

> 2) Can I include device files (for the chroot environment) in the .deb or do
> they need to be created by the postinstall script?
Device files in .deb are not allowed (see the Policy, section 11.6).
Call MAKEDEV in postinst.

> 3) If I have to create additional files by the postinstall script how to let
> dpkg know that they belong to package, or do I just have to add some rm's to
> the
> prerm/postrm scripts?
There is no way (yet) to tell dpkg about files that are not in .deb .
Use prerm/postrm.

--
Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp>
Debian developer