GConf schemas and debian/conffiles

I'm trying to package up acme, a GNOME2 utility for making "multimedia"
keyboard buttons work.

One problem I've observed: acme uses GConf, which stores schema files
under /etc/gconf/.  The schema files give the configuration structure
and default values, but aren't configuration files themselves, exactly.

If I don't do anything special, the package placing the schema file as
/etc/gconf/acme.schemas will be flagged by lintian with
file-in-etc-not-marked-as-conffile.  Looking at some other packages,
gnome-gv doesn't put the file in debian/conffiles and yet its binary
packages are linitian-clean.  The same goes for galeon, even though both
are putting files in /etc.  How is that happening?

--
Devin  \ aqua(at)devin.com, 1024D/E9ABFCD2;  http://www.devin.com
Carraway \ IRC: Requiem  GCS/CC/L s-:--- !a !tv C++++$ ULB+++$ O+@ P L+++