Re: dir permissions

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002 14:01, Andreas Metzler wrote:
>  Michael Koch <konqueror@gmx.de> wrote:
> [packaging a game]
>
> > to make this dir writeable by the game there are two possibilities:
> > 1) adding the gamer to the group "games" or
> > 2) making /usr/games/uclient set-group-id
> >
> > What is the preferred way ?
>
> 2.
> See Policy 12.11.
>         cu andreas

For SE Linux I am thinking of making all programs in /usr/games trigger a
domain transition to a domain that can't write to regular files in a user's
home directory (only to user_home_games_t not user_home_t), can't kill,
ptrace, or otherwise molest regular user processes, but can write to
/var/games etc.

What do you think?