Re: Safe removal of a user while purging

On Saturday 29 June 2002 20:42, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * Magnus Ekdahl
>
> | I'm trying to remove the clamav user when purging the clamav package. The
> | user clamav is created in postinst using:
>
> Why are you removing that user?

I think that 'dpkg -i packageXXX; dpkg -P packageXXX' should leave the system
unchanged. So the clamav package should remove the users it adds.

> This will grant you a serious or grave bug.  Don't mess with
> /etc/{passwd,shadow} directly -- that will break if people use
> something like ldap for handling those files.

True, this is worse that bloating the system. Unless there is a good, safe
and essential way to delete the clamav user I will remove the postrm script.

Still think bloating the system is bad though =(

--
Magnus Ekdahl 0739-287181 magnus@debian.org maguno@ludd.luth.se
public key available at http://oxtan.campus.luth.se/magnus.public