Re: how long does it take to find an AM

Duncan Findlay wrote:

> The NM process is full of waiting. Consider it more of a test of
> devotion rather than a nuisance. It'll happen eventually, I believe
> most of this stuff has to be done manually, and usually by some of the
> busiest people Debian has.
>
> --
> Duncan Findlay, who had to wait 7 months, 5 days for a phone call from
> the DAM, and DAM approval.

I think I waited longer than that after AM approval although I
didn't require a phone call in the end.

The DAM's got a tough job.  Debian could easily collapse in on
itself if too many guys are just after a d.o address for their
resumes or whatever and upload a few packages and are never seen
again.

The best indicator that a guy is going to stick around is to
look at what he's done before approval.  So pick an area you
like and keep poking people until you're able to contribute.

Anyhow, just saying keep your peckers up guys.  It's worth the
wait.

Rick