Re: Appeal to follow up on sponsor/advocate requests

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 10:37:13PM +0200, Marc Leeman wrote:
> One thing I would like to have comments on though is the possible
> section of my package nvrec, which is dependent on liblame and the
> question if can be put into debian in the first place.

With some reengineering of nvrec, perhaps.  Xmms and its ilk avoid direct
linkage of css libraries, which cannot be included in Debian, by dynamically
dynamic loading.

The nvrec develoeprs could use the same trick to allow nvrec to use liblame
when present without making it a dependency.  To be useful to other
projects, such dynamic loading should be abstracted into a separate library
layer, analagous to libdvdread2.

Ben