Re: Checking for installed package-alternative in a wrapper-skript

On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 03:28:08AM +0300, Shaul Karl wrote:
> Another option might be grep-status from grep-dctrl:
>
> However beside the fact that grep-dctrl may not be installed

In which case the maintainer may use a Depends: if they like...

> I am not sure it is faster then dpkg.

It was visibly faster wherever I tried it. Although, I'm not sure if I'd add
a dependency on it.

There's got to be a way to test this with one of the more atomic operations.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.