Re: Multiple changelogs?

Bob Hilliard <hilliard@debian.org> wrote:

>      Should changelog.Debian.gz apply to the source package and all
> binary packages created from the source, or should there be a separate
> changelog.Debian.gz for each binary package?

I've only ever used a single one per source package.

>      I have used one changelog for the dictd source package, covering
> both the dictd and the dict binary packages, but for the vera source
> package I have separate changelogs for each of the two binaries.  Is
> one of these wrong?

How does dpkg-buildpackage tell what to use?  You mean you have
debian/changelog for the source package and debian/chnagelog.packagename
for a binary package?

The binary package gets its version number from debian/changelog as
well, so replacing that file could lead to confusion if it uses
different numbers.  Strange to me anyway.

Peter