Need sponsor for GDAL - Geospatial Data Abstraction Library

I have packaged gdal-1.1.7 <http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/index.html> and I'm looking for someone to mentor me and sponsor it's inclusion in Debian. You can find it at http://www.paulbaker.net/debian/dists/pbaker/main/binary- i386/science/gdal_1.1.7-1_i386.deb or just add these to apt sources.list: 'deb http://paulbaker.net/debian pbaker main' and 'deb-src http://paulbaker.net/debian pbaker main'.

It is lintian clean except that upstream has no man pages, so all man pages for the binaries are linked to undocumented. Making man pages are on my todo list for the future. Also, right now it's a big .deb weighing in at over 4MB. If someone can take a look and give me some pointers in how I might break it up that would be great. I can't seem to find it documented anywhere, but I just want to clarify that the way to specify which files go in which packages is to specify it in <binary- packagename>.files for each package to be created and then have everything install into debian/tmp right?

I am also working on packaging Mapserver 3.6 <http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/> and will need a sponsor for that when I am happy with it. Mapserver will depend on gdal. Thanks!

--Paul Baker

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
         -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

GPG Key: http://homepage.mac.com/pauljbaker/public.asc