Re: pppd (non-tty devices, pppo{x,atm,e}) package

On Wed, 29 May 2002 16:01, Matthew Bell wrote:
>   I have created a pppd pacakge from source that has been patched for
> non-tty devices (supported as plugins), and am looking for anyone who wants
> to use, review, or sponsor/mentor this package. Unfortuanately, I do not
> have a http/ftp server atm (hard disk crashed), so you'll have to request
> it from me.

Firstly, thanks for your work, this is something that needs to be done!

Secondly, I don't think that a separate ppp package is desirable, it's best
to have it all in the one package if possible.  I don't think that there is
any drawback to these patches that prevents the use of a single package.  So
I have CC'd the ppp maintainer, it's probably best to send your patches to
him.

Finally there's a new upstream release of pppd due out very soon, so making
significant changes to the current pppd probably isn't such a good idea.  It
would probably be best to get them in the next version instead.

I've put a fresh copy of the ppp CVS code on http://www.coker.com.au/ppp/ , I
suggest that you use that version for development...