debian/crontab problems

Hi all,

I am a happy Debian user for quite some time now.

Only recently have I begun making my own debian packages.

The only real issue I've come across with no answer (from the
maint-guide and other related documentation as well as #debian on
irc.openprojects.net) is related to the file debian/crontab.

When I run deb-make from within the appropriate directory it creates the
sub directory "debian" with various example file (denoted by the .ex
suffix). This is all fine and dandy and I haven't needed any of these
files until now.

I need to be able to make crontab entires in the system wide crontab.
For my purposes cron.daily and cron.hourly are not usefull enough.

So I go ahead and edit the debian/crontab.ex and save it as
debian/crontab. I build the package (with no problems) yet when I
install the package I can see no evidence what so ever of the crontab.

What am I doing wrong?

Is there some other configuration file that I have to inform that the
crontab file exists?

Thanks in advance for any help ;)

--
Kevin C. Krinke
Open Door Software Inc.

Open Minds Providing Open Source Solutions