Re: New Maintainer Process latency

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 04:20:10PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Michael Banck <mbanck@gmx.net> writes:
> > Deciding to join the NM process is considered required or at least
> > highly recommended by most sponsors though, AFAIK.
>
> Why?
> I think its better to do some work for Debian through a sponsor
> *before* joining the NM Process.

If I'm sponsoring someone, I will always recommend very strongly that
they should join the NM queue; I don't necessarily mind if they aren't
in it yet, but I think they should apply to be a full-fledged developer
if they're going to maintain packages. If nothing else, I usually don't
want to sponsor the package until the end of time.