Re: lintian: binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 04:04:13PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> >> to do so without seriously breaking something. Could anybody more
> >> knowledgeable help me with this?
> >
> >There is a rpath-reaper packaged for Debian (I don't recall the name), it
> >will "fix" the binaries the hard way.
>
> You mean chrpath? That looks like a bad hack for me.

I have tried chrpath in the past and with it my package fails to build
on some architecture (ARM IIRC).
There is certainly a better way to do it. In my case the rpath was
caused by a library used by my package (the rpath was in the output of
something-config --libs IIRC) so the fix was simple.

I also remember a libtool hack where you need to define a
libtool_is_a_fool variable (search the archive).

My advise : don't use chrpath.

Christophe

People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life.
--Faith Resnick