Re: changelog and /usr/share/doc/package as a symlink

Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp> cum veritate scripsit:

> > Don't just split without good reason.
> I am planning to split xsolider into 3 packages because:
> * both raw X version and SDL version are available and only
>   one of them is enough to play the game
> * I don't see any reason why each game engine should have
>   its own copy of image data

Other questions to ask yourself before splitting packages up:

Is it not possible to include -x and -sdl version in the
same package, which makes it in one package?

Is it too large?

Also, is it worth having -x version when there is -sdl version ?
(is both of them maintained in a good shape or is only one of them?)

Note: Splitting packages up causes more work, and maintenance
cost.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4