Re: Eiffel Forum Freeware License, version 1

Julien LEMOINE <speedblue@debian.org> writes:
> I consider this licence is DFSG conpliant, so I will put this 2
> libraries in main.

It sounds reasonable to me.  The only thing that sounds a little
questionable is this:

> Permission is hereby also granted, without written agreement and
> without license or royalty fees, to distribute binary programs which
> depend on this package, provided that:
>
>         if the binary program depends on a modified version of this
>         package, you must publicly release the modified version of
>         this package - for example by submitting it to the Eiffel
>         Forum archive (http://www.eiffel-forum.org/archive/)

You might want to confirm that putting the required modified base
package in the Debian archive is a sufficiently public release.  I'd
expect it would be, though.

	-- Abra Mitchell