Re: shared __init__.py file accross multiple python packages

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 03:43:58PM +0200, Alexandre wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 03:21:04PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
>
> >   Are the modules you're packaging part of the same source or are
> >   they independant ?
>
> They are independand. These are modules developed by my company, and our
> policy is to have them live in a top level directory called 'logilab'
> under site-packages/, so it's not quite the same thing as the egenix
> packages.

  If there is not really something relevant for a dedicated common
  package, you can always add something like this in the postinst
  script of every logilab package:

  VER=2.1
  TOPLEVEL=/usr/lib/python$VER/site-packages/logilab
  if [ ! -e $TOPLEVEL/__init__.py ]; then
	touch $TOPLEVEL/__init__.py
  fi

--