Re: Package names case sensitive?

Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> writes:

> The upstream prefers it jack-audio-connection-kit.
>
> Maybe that would be a good name.

A bit longish. As a user, I don't have much problem with such a name
(apart from "dpkg -l"), but I wouldn't want to maintain such a beast.
I am annoyed enough with my "freenet-unstable" as it is.

> # I don't like the situation with grub and grub-client, but nevertheless...

$ apt show grub-client | tail -4
 Please don't confuse this package with the bootloader with the same name.
 It has nothing to do with it besides the name. The project is currently
 searching for a better name.

So this problem will go away, eventually.

--
Robbe