qmail logging dubts

I'm studing on a qmail package integrated with daemon tools made by a friend
of mine, because it seems to me closer with djb concepts, even if also the
standard installation of qmail-src with qmail-build that compiles the qmail
binary with stop-start-daemon enviroment works good, but I'm also using
djbdns and it goes under svscan by default and so including qmail too
suonded me better. Now I've a doubt about the logging method, what's more
indicated to log qmail-send,qmail-smtp and qmail-pop3d?
Personally, I like multilog, but I'm pondering also on splogger an syslog.
Another thing, what's the more properly path to use in /var/log (I'm using
/var/log/qmail/qmail-*)?