Re: Multiple packages

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Ola Lundqvist wrote:

>> >dh_make can generate rules for multi-binary packages, and there's also
>> >an example debian/rules file in
>> >/usr/share/doc/debhelper/examples/rules.multi (iirc).
>>
>> Yes, there was such a file, and also a
>> /usr/share/doc/debhelper/examples/rules.multi2.
>>
>> Both seem logical if you understand the logic. I don't. :( I have no idea
>> where to plug in my package names and get it to build packages like:
>>
>> 	foo
>> 	foo-data
>> 	foo-moredata1
>> 	foo-moredataN
>
>The logics is as this. Place your files in debian/$packagename
>which works as the root of the binary package. All other interesting
>information like conffiles, dirs, docs and so on is named as
>debian/$packagename.$extension where the extension is conffiles, dirs
>or some other thing.

Ok, now I think I understand. Just to be sure I also downloaded a couple
of source packages that create multiple deb-packages, and by looking at
them I learnt a lot.

Thanks all for your help with my problem. Btw, maybe I should look to some
other list/forum for general package creation questions?

--
  "You can't trample infidels when you're a tortoise. I mean, all you could
                  do is give them a meaningful look."