Re: Problems with debconf files

Gergely Nagy <algernon@bonehunter.rulez.org> writes:

> Looking at the files on master, I think I know the problem. The quick
> fix is to call db_get dict-web1913/reconf in your postinst. Also,
> since config might be called at preinst time, it might not be a good
> idea to check the filesystem. So I'd put the db_input and db_go lines
> into the config, and move the check to the postinst, like this:
>
> if ! grep -q "^include /var/lib/dictd/db.list"  /etc/dictd.conf
> then
> 	db_get dict-web1913/reconf
> fi

     I had considered that I might have to move the entire config
script to the postinst in order to have dpkg run it, but that would (I
think) prevent it from being run during the pre-configuration phase.

     If I understand you correctly, you suggest leaving the:

db_input critical dict-web1913/reconf ||true
db_go

lines in the config, but moving the conditional to the postinst.
Would the sourcing of the debconf library be done in the config, the
postinst, or both?  You suggest putting `db_get dict-web1913/reconf'
in the postinst.  I don't currently have a `db_get' anywhere.

     If it is done as you suggest, would an apt-get installation
display the message in the pre-configuration phase, and again in the
postinst, or is debconf smart enough to not show the same message
twice?

Bob
--
   _