Re: Easy way to create a binary-only .DEB??

> Not quite.  Source packages typically consist of an original tarball, a
> .diff, and a .dsc (unless it is a native package, which doesn't have
> a .diff).

Well, what about these native packages?

Do, I understand correctly that for native packages the installation
directories are 'fictive' (to a tmp dir) and so native Debian package cannot
be at the same time a normal Unix package (installable by "make all && make
install") without patching (patching which would port *from* Debian *to*
"normal Unix")?

In my understanding, creating a package, even if it's main using is under
Debian, I should first create a "normal Unix" package and only then port it to
Debian, shouldn't I?

But what about any clues about creating native Debian packages?

P.S. How much messages per day send debian-devel list? My mail system isn't
yet well configured to handle many, as I installed Debian at home only about
two weeks ago.
--
Victor Porton (porton@narod.ru)