a/ispell dependency?

Hullo,
I'm trying to get my package (gnomesword) to depend on aspell for all archs
that it builds on (all except mips and mipsel) and ispell for the others, but
I can't find what the syntax for this would be in policy or anywhere else.

something like aspell [!mips && !mipsel], ispell [mips, mipsel]
sounds right though that doesn't work

I see other packages such as kate have used ispell | aspell, but what I want
is aspell in preference so that won't work.

Can you help please? This problem is keeping the package out of testing.

Thanks,
Daniel