Wcal packaging question

Hi,

First of all: I am not an official debian developer.

I'm packaging Wcal (a web-based calender/planner). It is by no means an
official deb, but I want to do it as good as possible. I have some
questions though:

The Wcal installer asks me for the "HTML directory for wcal". This is
the directory that holds the CGI scripts and images (according to
INSTALL).

I currently use /var/www/wcal for this, but I doubt it is the right
place for it. (I wouldn't like packages installing stuff in
/var/www anyhow...). Can anybody give some advice on this?

Another thing is the apache config: it must be edited before one can
use wcal: I added the following:

<Directory /var/www/wcal>
   AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
   DirectoryIndex index.cgi
   Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>

How should I do this in the postinstall? Will it be overwritten when
there's an apache update? I currently put this in README.Debian, and
ask the user to it him/herself.

Thanks in advance, hope this is the right place to ask this kind of
questions...

Wouter

--
Blessed are they who Go Around in Circles, for they Shall be Known as Wheels.