Re: backwards compatibility with stable

* Robert Bihlmeyer <robbe@orcus.priv.at> [011228 20:01]:
> > Don't use debhelper, or keep your debhelper compatibility level
> > at "2" or less, because debhelper v3 was not available in potato.
>
> dh_installman should also be avoided as it is not available in potato
> debhelper.

Or just make an dh_installmanpages out of it. When I compile
unstable packages under potato, it is in most cases enough to
just replace dh_installman with dh_installmanpages and
export DH_COMPAT=3 with export DH_COMPAT=2. (It would be nice
to know beforehand, if versioned buildepends are caused by
incompatibility with the potato versions or due to naming
only the versions the maintainer tested it under, but hey -
where would the fun to backport packages then?)

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link