RPATH question

Hi!

Well I have got a library (libsdlmm-1.0) that has got it's own
config script (sdlmm-config) which is utilized by the .m4 macro
for automake (AM_PATH_SDLMM).

My probleme here is that sdlmm-config --libs outputs:
-L/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib -lSDLmm

which then 'poisons' every package that would build by using
sdlmm-config.

First question: -rpath specifies where a library (eventually)
will be installed, but what is so bad about that?

second: Is thst so bad that I should change sdlmm-config to not
supply rpath?

--
kind regards,
Michael Moerz

pub  1024D/B651C436 2000-09-17 Michael Moerz <e9625136@stud3.tuwien.ac.at>
     Key fingerprint = 55DB 2F1A BF45 DBAB F542  4128 2173 8753 B651 C436
http://idc19.itm.tuwien.ac.at/~mike/private/mike.public.gpg.key