gallery setup && /var

I'm packaging gallery, a php photo album. I have a question about where
in /var to put the setup directory.

First, some background info:

The php stuff runs out of /usr/share/gallery, and it stores user data,
album data, and picture data in a user configurable place (defaults to
/var/www/albums). Gallery adds an apache Alias for /gallery to point to
/usr/share/gallery.

It cannot function properly without user configuration, so the admin
must run a web-based configuration which writes a conf-file and
autogenerates an .htaccess file (that dynamically generates mod_rewrite
stuff if you have it enabled). This web-based configuration is at
http://your.url.com/gallery/setup.

The setup directory installs with mode 700 so that random people cannot
come along and configure the gallery on the system. When the admin wants
to configure it, he runs configure.sh which changes the perms so he can
run the configurator and www-data can write the configuration files.
When he is done he runs secure.sh which changes the perms back.

And now my question:

Where in /var should the gallery setup directory reside?

The best I can come up with is /var/www/gallery_setup or something
similar, but it doesn't feel like the best solution...

--
Adam Lazur, Cluster Monkey