Re: why did the ocaml package not enter woody ?

Robert Bihlmeyer <robbe@orcus.priv.at> writes:

> So I'm reduced to guessing: there seem to be a number of packages that
> depend on an exact version of ocaml (i.e. >= x.y, < x.y+1). This means
> that the bulk of this packages have to enter testing all at once --
> otherwise, the not simultanously-upgraded packages would get
> uninstallable.
>
> If one of these packages cannot enter testing for any reason, the
> whole pack is held up.

Indeed it seems that lablgtk which depends on an exact version of
ocaml (at least on some architectures) may be the culprit. From
update_excuses.html:

     * lablgtk (- to 1.2.1-3)
          + Maintainer: Sven Luther
          + 30 days old (needed 10 days)
          + lablgtk (source, alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips,
            mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc) is buggy! (1 > 0)
          + Not considered
          + Depends: lablgtk ocaml
          + Depends: lablgtk lablgl

Might this be the reason?