Re: dpkg-reconfigure, policy, and least surprise principle

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 12:36:26PM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * Roland Mas

> |   A hypothetical third hand would be holding this: the postinst first
> | reads the master config file and shoves its values into Debconf, then

> This is the right way, though.  Note that unless the admin has asked
> for it, previously answered debconf questions won't be asked again,
> so you wouldn't bother the admin too much.

I've done this in one of my packages too but I worry what will happen
when Debconf finally gets support for remote databases.  At that point
the configuration on the system where the configuration front end is
running may not be the configuration of the system that is being
configured.