Re: Xlibs or Xlib6

2.2 never had xlibs, just xlib6g (libc6 version) and xlib6 (libc5
version)... xlibs is newto woody/sid. I have both xlibs-dev and xlib6g-dev
on my sid machine, and build lotsa packages w/X support, and xlibs is what's
put in my substvars as generated by dpkg-shlibdeps -- xlib6g{,-dev} are just
empty packages to smooth upgrades in woody and sid. Hence, no libraries
inside and certainly no shlibs file.

For multiple distro support, hypothetically you should just need
Build-Depends: xlibs-dev | xlib6g-dev
for things to work.

--
Mike Markley <mike@markley.org>
GPG: 0x3B047084 7FC7 0DC0 EF31 DF83 7313  FE2B 77A8 F36A 3B04 7084

To YOU I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.
- Woody Allen