Re: ReiserFS/XFS/JFS/??FS

Hello Deckard,

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 04:49:14PM +0100, Deckard Cresabat wrote:

> I just wonder which FS to use on a fileserver. It needs to handle many
> mp3sized files. Stableness is more important than speed. I need to run it on three
> 80 GB HDDs, but not RAIDed

> Is there a comparison between

> ReiserFS
> XFS
> JFS

> out there? Or any other suggestions?

> Deckard

This mailing list is intended for helping new maintainers of Debian
packages with issues surrounding software packaging.  Questions about
using the Debian OS should be sent to debian-user.

To the question of which journalling filesystem is the best choice on
Linux, I recommend XFS, because of its combination of maturity as a
filesystem in general and maturity on Linux in particular -- but I'm
sure you'll get many different answers to this question. :)

Regards,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer