Re: howto do task packages ?

> Ok, but if a user want to install a task and this task isn't listed by
> tasksel, how he can install all task packages?
> I really don't want a script that scans all debian package looking for
> "Task:" header that match my request ...

Task's require that 10% of the user's are interested in installing this
combination of packages (or something like that) - that's the new task
policy.
If it doesn't meet this requirement, it's not a task but a meta package.

And tasksel DOES scan the Packages files looking for "Task:" headers
that match your request. That is much more fault tolerant than the old
way with fixed Dependencies.
(for example a user has only CDs 1-5, but the task has a package on the
last CD 6; the user then could not install the task due to ONE missing
program (and probably a not very important one, on the last CD))

Greetings,
Erich