[OT] sf.net and "free" software (was: Re: sourceforge sucks)

Today, Yven Johannes Leist <leist@gmx.li> wrote:
> By the way I'm of course not really of the opinion that sourceforge
> "sucks"; one really has to admit that valinux does an incredible job
> for the open source commity, hosting I think more than 16000 projects
> on their servers, which sort of explains why they are a bit slow
> sometimes.

Until I read
<URL:http://mailman.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/announce/2001-November/000028.html>,
I too held that opinion, too. Now, I think one should be more careful
about where to place projects (savannah.gnu.org, maybe?).

--
Andreas Fuchs, <asf@acm.org>, asf@jabber.at, antifuchs
Hail RMS! Hail Cthulhu! Hail Eris! All hail Discordia!