Re: dpkg-source: unrepresentable changes to source

#include <hallo.h>
Florian Hinzmann wrote on Sat Nov 03, 2001 um 01:27:23PM:
> Hello!
>
> Would you consider reading
> /usr/share/doc/autotools-dev/README.Debian.gz and then
> reading my mail again?

I did. And I do not havy anything to change in my last statement.

> Yes, I do run an (modified) autogen.sh script. And that
> package did create symlinks.

Then remove the crap from the orig tarball, and from your build tree in
the clean rule.

> > is better not to touch the build system of the upstream, unless it is
> > really needed. In your case, you may create static copies of the
>
> I don't "touch" it in the sense you are meaning here IMHO.
> I use it.

My definition of "touch" includeves everything besides the simple
configure run (and removing configu.{guess,sub}).

> > a) delete the new symlinks in the clean rule, and do the same thing you
> > have allready done in the configure rule. Don't forget to set
> > Build-Dependency on required automake/autoconf/libtool tools then.
>
> In fact I do run autogen.sh in the clean rule. Please

WHAT? You should CLEAN, not generate something in the clean rule.

> read the README.Debian from package autotools-dev I
> mentioned above. It explains this issue much better I

I guess, you misenterpret it a bit.

> Not an option as far as I understand this issue
> up to now. Autobuilders have or might have problems
> with this.

They should not. If they become trouble, then either your package is
broken (your problem) or the autotools are broken(others problem, but
should be okay Sid currently).

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
<ij> Alfie: schonmal davon gehoert, dass nicht jeder linux user gleich ein
        programmierer ist, der alles, was er selber braucht, auch selber