Re: lintian - man pages

> Would this be too much magic to add to lintian -- check whether those
> are the generic GNU installation instructions or something else?

Just because GNU happens to have INSTALL files does not mean they are the only
one to do it.  A file named 'INSTALL' implies it is information on how to
install something.  With Debian the file would read "dpkg -i foo.deb, but wiat
then how are you reading me?".  So, as I said elsewhere files name INSTALL
either a) do not belong because they make no sense in Debian or b) or misnamed
because they should actually be called HOW_TO_CONFIGURE_ME.

-----
We have buried the putrid corpse of Liberty. -- Benito Mussolini