Database location

Hi!

Where's the best place to put a conferencing system's database files?

I have currently put them in /var/spool/packagename/, but I'm not sure
if that's a good idea, as FHS states that spool should be for more
temporary data (this database file will be kept all time when the
conferencing system is installed), however, news keeps its databases in
/var/spool/news, so there's some precedent to use put it there.

--
\\//
peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/

  Statement concerning unsolicited e-mail according to Swedish law:
  http://www.softwolves.pp.se/peter/reklampost.html