Re: cleanrule of my package

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 07:32:19PM +0200, Martin Butterweck wrote:
> hi,
> lintian gives me the following errormessage:
> ---
> mb:~/debian$lintian -i eroaster_2.0.11-1.dsc
> E: eroaster source: autoconf-generated-file-in-source config.status
> N:
> N:   Leaving config.cache/status causes autobuilders problems config.cache
> N:   and config.status are produced by GNU autoconf's configure scripts. If
> N:   they are left in the source package, autobuilders may pick up settings
> N:   for the wrong architecture, causing problems. The clean rule for the
> N:   package should remove this file.
> N:
> E: eroaster source: autoconf-generated-file-in-source config.cache
> ---
> I´ve added the following to my cleanrule, but i still get the message:
> (taken from debian/rules)
> ---
> clean:
>         dh_testdir
>         dh_testroot
>         rm -f build-stamp configure-stamp
>
>         # Add here commands to clean up after the build process.
>         rm -f eroaster Makefile configure.cache configure.log
> configure.status constants.py ecat.py

Instead of removing things by hand, why not use a simple "make clean"?
If that does not clean enough (probably a bug upstream), then you
can remove other things explicitly.

By the way, the files in question are "config.cache", "config.log",
and "config.status".  Have a careful look at the lintian "E" line
you quoted above.

-S

--
by Rocket to the Moon,