Best way to specify which GCC to use

Hello developpers,

My package (pari) has the bad habit of breaking compilers.
Only gcc-3.0 compiles pari correctly on ia64, hppa and arm.

So what is the best way to ensure pari is not compiled with a buggy compiler
on these archs ? I don't want buggy packages generated...
I could

Build-Depends: gcc-3.0 [arm,ia64,hppa]

But normally my package is build with gcc (or the value of CC envvar)
I will need to specify gcc-3.0 here.

Also if you believe it is a dead issue because gcc-3.0 will become the
standard compiler on this arch soon, please tell it.

I don't like the idea making thing less fonctionnal (by forcing a compiler)
just to overcome a bug that should not exists in the first place.

Thank you for your advices !

Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>
Please CC your replies ! thanks!