php/ldap update

Hi

I'm trying to setup ldap/sasl/php to enable modification of an ldap record from a php web page

Do you have a simple example able to do this
and what i should do in all the config files

I don't want to install kerberos
I would like to use SASL authentication.

How to create a user/credential that I can use ?
I tried to play with saslpasswd with no success

Which sasl package/module should I use

Thanks

--
E-mail: christian.bayle@francetelecom.fr
P-mail: 28, Chemin du Vieux Chene BP 98 38243 MEYLAN CEDEX