Re: When can I include my package in stable?

Robin schrieb:
> What are the conditions for a package to be included in stable?
> I have looked through the policy document to find any clues on this but
> I couldn't find anything.

It's actually quite well described...
An existing "stable" will only be changed for security and critical updates.
But there will be new "stable" releases (of course).

This process, called a "freeze" has just begun (see Mailing List
Archives, base is freezing)
During the freeze, no new features are to be added to packages, only
bugs may be fixed (so hopefully no new bugs arise)
After some quality testing, and after all serious bugs have been fixed,
"frozen" will be released and become the new "stable".

So if your package has no serious bugs (and no package it depends on has
serious bugs!), it will surely be in "testing" now.
It will then make it into "frozen" and thus "stable" by itself.

Greetings,
Erich