Re: When can I include my package in stable?

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 07:19:27PM -0600, Robin wrote:
> What are the conditions for a package to be included in stable?
> I have looked through the policy document to find any clues on this but
> I couldn't find anything.
>
> Currently, I maintain the kvirc (and kvirc-doc, kvirc-dev) packages
> which have been in unstable since June 20 this year. There are no open
> bugs against either of the packages anymore and I think that from a
> quality point of view, it could be included in stable.

Stability applies to the whole distribution, not any individual package.
Please have a look at:

  http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-getting.html#s-version
  http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-ftparchives.html#s-frozen
  http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-ftparchives.html#s-stable