Re: warning in Plex86

Robert Millan <zeratul2@wanadoo.es> writes:

>   | This code is EXTREMELY EXPERIMENTAL, and may well result in a   |
>
> Should this warning determine that this software should stay in
> 'unstable' and not get into 'testing' untill they make a stable
> release?

IMHO no. People will file bugs if it is really that broken.

> If so, who should i contact about that matter?

If you want to keep it out of testing, just file a serious bug on the
package stating the issue.

> Also, should i make a "postinst" script that prints that message to
> ensure the user knows he/she is installing dangerous software?

That would be a nice move. Using debconf to display the notice would
be optimal (just echoing is overlooked easily).

> BTW, if anyone is already working on Plex86 please notice me ASAP. I
> haven't started yet.

I see you've found bug#77560 in the mean time.

--
Robbe