Re: Adoption of xcopilot: Who wants to be my sponsor?

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Ludovic Drolez wrote:
> Also, why Pose is in contrib ?
> It's licensed under GPL...just as xcopilot.

POSE is in contrib because it is useless without a ROM image, and there are
no ROM images packaged for Debian.  The official ROM images cannot be legally
redistributed.  If someone were to package one of the Linux-on-Palm images
then POSE could go in main.

As the maintainer of the Debian POSE packages, I agree with Ludovic that
there is no real need for an xcopilot package.  POSE does everything that
xcopilot does and more.

-Ben