Arch-dependent Build-Depends

Greetings,

I'm trying to make petsc Build-Depends: on atlas for most arches, but lapack where there is no atlas. Actually, to make things simpler inside the package, I link against lapack on PPC, m68k and sparc, so they can share configuration information, since they are all 32-bit big-endian and two of the three don't have atlas at all. (Maybe I should include hppa in there too? What does uname -m return there? I need a way to do this which is Debian-independent, so I can contribute it upstream.)

So, I think I want:

Build-Depends: atlas-dev [!powerpc !m68k !sparc !hppa], lapack-dev [powerpc m68k sparc hppa]

But I don't see the proper syntax for doing this properly. Is that correct as is above? The potato packaging manual, section 8.1, has only exceptions for a single arch...

At some point there will be atlas for all of these platforms, then these problems will go away, but I'm not certain this will happen in time for woody...

Thanks,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>