Re: official debian logo on visiting card

Hi Stefano,

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> I want make my own visiting cards (I'm not sure on the term 'visiting
> card', I hope is the right translation of the italian term 'biglietto da
> visita') and I want put in it the official debian logo, the bottle one.

'Business card' in English, usually.  'Calling card' is also used, but not as
frequently on this side of the pond, I believe.

>  From the logos page:

>    Permission has been given to use the official logo on clothing
>    (shirts, hats, etc) as long as they are made by a Debian developer
>    and not sold for profit.

> I'm a debian developer, does this permission extends also on my own
> visiting cards?
> Can I use the official debian logo?

I have seen business cards from other developers who did use the logo.  I
think cards fall into the same category as clothing; if you're a Debian
developer and it's not for profit, I think it's safe to use it.  However, if
you're going to use these cards in professional dealings, I wouldn't use the
logo without getting permission first.

HTH,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer